Solid wood shelves - stable all-rounders
They are real heavy-duty carriers: day in, day out, they lift large and small things, heavy rows of books and folders. Who could be better suited for this job than a sturdy solid wood shelf? Because wood has the great property of being flexible and immensely robust at the same time.
Why should I buy a shelf made from natural wood?
Whether large or small, wide or narrow, open or with doors - you're sure to find the right one for your living space among our high-quality processed natural wood shelves. Whether you're looking for a solid oak wall-shelf or a large book-shelf with room divider potential: Our shelves made of solid wood are available in various designs for every interior design wish.
An additional advantage of a solid wood shelf is that it is made from renewable raw materials - in our case, the wood even comes from ecological, FSC-certified forestry. Since the trees grow on European soil, we can also protect the environment through short transport routes.
Natural wood also conveys an incomparablefeeling of space. Treated with ecological oils and glazes, we allow the surface of our solid wood shelves to breathe. This contributes to a comfortable climate in every living space.
Last but not least: a shelf made of solid natural wood brings with it an incomparable quality and stability. A dent? No problem! It can be repaired with a little steam and sandpaper. The solid material can also withstand frequent rearrangements and moves without any problems. In the same way, the years cannot harm the wood: If you sand down your shelves every now and then and re-sand them, they will shine again.
What do I need to consider before buying a solid wood shelf?
When you are planning to buy a shelf, there are several things to consider. To help you find your way around quickly, we have put together a small set of questions that will quickly guide you to your favourite shelf:
- How much space do you have available? Alternatively, how much storage space do you want to gain with the shelf? Often both questions go hand in hand.
- For which room is the solid wood shelf intended? For example, a low shelf or sideboard is often better in the dining room, while bedrooms and living rooms can cope with high shelves. Likewise, an office shelf with plenty of space is in favour in the workroom.
- What are the conditions of your room? For example, a small one-room flat can be completely redesigned with an open shelving system. On the other hand, some rooms are so large that they benefit from being divided into several small areas.
- Do you have certain ideas about which wood your new shelf should be made of? For example, a shelf made of white glazed pine looks better in dark rooms. Light colours, on the other hand, harmonise well with oak wood.
- Do you prefer a certain style? If you like it casual and creative, you'll probably do better with a flexible arrangement of shelfcubes. If you need storage space above all, the white glazed shelves from our Scandinavia collection offer you space in front of white walls without visually intruding into the foreground.
- Do you prefer an open or closed piece of furniture? For example, if you need to store a lot of small items, a wardrobe or dresser is better. For example, if you need to store a lot of small items, a wardrobe or dresser is better. If you need space for your books, one of our stylish bookshelves is the ideal partner - or a stylish wallboard, on which you can always keep your favourite reading material close at hand.
Have you answered all these questions for yourself? Then it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty of buying a shelf.
Organic furniture with style from ekomia
In the development of our furniture, we attach great importance to a minimalist, timeless design based on the Scandinavian design. You won't find any fashionable or ornate furniture in our shop, but we still work with great attention to detail.
The foundation of ekomia is the most sustainable production possible: certified European solid wood, glazes from natural raw materials and textiles from controlled organic cultivation. We take care to use only health-compatible, vegan materials without synthetics or allergens.
Solid natural wood
We mainly use hand-picked solid wood, a natural material that creates a natural atmosphere in the home and is particularly durable. For connectors we rely on proven quality components and the solid wood know-how of selected production partners.
Direct distribution & DIY
Through direct distribution we can offer better prices than in traditional trade. We try to offer a suitable piece for every purse - even if it is a DIY instruction to build it yourself.
Do you still have questions or would you like specific advice? We are happy to support you by phone or e-mail.