Full-time | Compulsory internship | 4-6 months | Winter semester 2020/2021 (Start flexible)
ekomia is an up-and-coming product design label that develops and sells ecological design furniture. Off the beaten track, we create timeless designs that reflect the needs of customers and set new standards with their environmental footprint.
With the production of solid wood furniture and direct distribution without middlemen, we are able to meet our customers' desire for durable and affordable furniture. A patchwork-like combination of modern furniture, DIY and vintage pieces reflects today's zeitgeist in interior design and at the same time creates a diverse, highly creative working environment.
What you will do
- Market research and benchmarking
- User-centred research with surveys, interviews and design thinking workshops
- Sketching and/or prototyping of new product ideas
- Drawing of rough digital 3D designs
- Evaluation of designs by customer research panels
- Refinement of prototypes with our production partners until they are ready for the market
- Creation of precise 3D drawings and image-based assembly instructions
What you need
- You are studying a design-related subject at a university and must complete a compulsory internship.
- You have already completed projects (professional, private, school) on your own initiative.
- You can work independently and drive things forward.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo, but question things to make them better.
- You are familiar with modern design processes (Design Thinking, User Centred Design) and are open for new approaches.
- You're familiar with or can quickly learn design tools like SketchUp 3D, Sketch App and Photoshop.
- You have a great love for details and a strong sense for aesthetics.
- You are able to work in a team, accepting pragmatic feedback to create the best possible product.
- Your English language skills are very good.
What we can offer
- Meaningful tasks in an ecologically and socially oriented company.
- A wide range of tasks.
- The opportunity to take responsibility, play an active role in the development of the company and develop your skills.
- Flat hierarchies and simple communication channels.
- A friendly, collaborative working atmosphere.
- Beautiful office space in the lively Winskiez in Prenzlauer Berg.
Send your application, which honestly reflects your personality, skills and goals, to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please call us at +49 30 41 76 19 72.