German or English   ⚬   Internship   ⚬   Students only
ekomia is an aspiring start-up that develops and sells ecologic design furniture. Off the beaten track we create timeless designs that reflect customers needs and set new benchmarks within their ecological balance.
With the production of solid-wood furniture and direct distribution without middlemen we are able to satisfy our customers desire for durable and affordable furniture. A patchwork-like combination of new furniture, DIY and upcycling projects mirrors todays interior zeitgeist and at the same time creates a diverse, highly creative working environment.
These are your key tasks
- User centred research with surveys, interviews and design thinking workshops.
- Market research and benchmarking.
- Sketching and/or prototyping new product ideas.
- Drawing rough digital 3D designs.
- Evaluating designs through customer research panels.
- Refine prototypes with our production partners to a market-ready level.
- Create precise 3D drawings and translate them into user manuals that are easy to understand without the use of written language.
We are a small, tight-knit team. Compared to a bigger company you will have more responsibility and a broader set of tasks. You can also dive into new tasks guided by us or start a new project completely on your own. For these tasks we want to take your strengths and goals into account.
What you can do
- Create an inspiring, yet simple online experiences for our products with the use of the latest HTML and CSS.
- Lead the shooting of new product images.
- Communicate with our customers through ekomia’s social media channels.
- Initiate cooperations with commercial partners on product level.
- Improve ekomia’s holistic customer experience throughout marketing, packaging, distribution, communication etc..
What you need
- You study a design related subject at a university and you have to complete an obligatory internship.
- You have already done projects (professionally, complimentary, private, school) on your own initiative.
- You can work self dependently and push things forward.
- You do not content yourself with the the status quo, but you question things and want to improve them for the better.
- You are familiar with the latest design processes and you are keen to learn about new approaches.
- You can work or easily learn to work with design tools like SketchUp 3D, Sketch App, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- You have great attention to detail and aesthetic sensibilities
- You are able to work collaboratively in a team, give and accept feedback pragmatically to create the best possible product.
- Your English language skills are very good
Full-time internship. 4-6 months. Start date flexible. EU work permit necessary.
Send an application that honestly reflects your personality, skills and goals to email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding this job specification, give us a call at +49 30 41 76 19 72